Saturday, November 5, 2022

Happy Birthday, Gnomie!

Happy Saturday, friends!  You know what that means!  We have a new Anything Goes Challenge live on the Polkadoodles Crafting Blog!  This week the Design Team challenge was to create an easel birthday card using fall colors of browns and greens.  

I colored the adorable Autumn Wheelbarrow Halloween Gnome digital stamp with Copics (listed below), cut it out and set it aside.  
I started with a brown card base and layered several different cardstocks, including a digital paper (and I am sorry, but for the life of me, I can't remember which collection I pulled it from).  I inked the edges of all of the layers with Distress Ink. 
I wrapped a piece of burlap ribbon around the layers and before adhering it to the card base, I added a row of Stitched Flower Brads along the bottom.  I had to get a little bit creative with my main image, as the gnome is holding a jack-o-lantern on a stick.  Since Halloween is over, I covered it with a Sunflower Brad.  I also added some Stitched Flower Brads along the bottom of the panel. 

I stamped my sentiment on the inside of the card, and popped the "to you" panel up with foam tape so that the card front could rest behind it when popped open.  To complete my card, I created a loopy bow using some thin grosgrain ribbon paired with linen thread.  I cut the prongs off of a pumpkin brad and used my hot glue gun to make a "button" for the bow.  I also added some Chocolate Jewels from Kat Scrappiness to add some sparkle.
Colors Used:
Skin - E04, E11, E21, E00, E000
Beard - C9, C7, C5, C3, C1, C0
Green - G99, YG67, YG63, YG61
Brown - E29, E27, E25, E23, E21
Yellow - YR27, YR14, YR15
Blue - B29, B26, B24
Orange - E09, E99, E97
100
Misc. Shopping List:
I hope you are inspired to get out your craft supplies and try something new!  Make sure to share it with us on the Challenge Blog and be entered to win some amazing prizes!  
Thank you so much for spending a few minutes with me! 
Xoxo, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment