Friday, November 25, 2022

Walking In a Winter Wonderland!

 Hello, friends!  Today, I am over on the Eyelet Outlet Blog, and I wanted to make sure that I shared this card here, too!!  A week has passed since my last Eyelet Outlet post, and I have made a little more progress on my Christmas cards.  How about you? 

A few weeks ago, my crafty friends @lvhandcrafted, @stamprgrl, and I had the pleasure of doing a Live Mystery Craft Along (MCA) and Linh taught us a new fun-fold technique.   If you missed the live event, you could still catch the replay (Make sure to hit that subscribe button while you are there!)!  I had so much fun creating this Bay Window card (I had never used this fold before) starring a little winter wonderland scene that I made using some of the amazing winter/holiday brads that are in the shop (see my shopping list below for the links).
I started with a square of Bristol Smooth card stock and I ink-blended the entire square using Distress Oxide Ink in Chipped Sapphire.  I did several rounds of spritzing it with water to add the snow fall to the sky.  I die-cut some hills using a die that I have in my stash, adhered them to the square and trimmed the edges off.  I added some sparkly texture paste to the hills.  My tub is nearly dried out, and it has been retired, so I need to find another sparkly paste that I like.
I then added the brads to the panel to create my scene.  To complete my card, I added my favorite - the Glitter Enamel Dots in red!  I couldn't believe how cute this turned out. 
I love this card fold, as it folds flat for mailing, but it stands on its own, and the possibilities are endless!
Shopping List: 

Tree Brads - Snow

Santa & Mrs. Claus Brads

Moose Brads

Glitter Enamel Dots - Red

Thank you so much for hanging out with me! 

Xoxo, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment