Friday, November 19, 2021

Winnie North Pole Christmas Candy - Polkadoodles Craft Challenge

Hi friends!  I am so excited to share that I have joined the Polkadoodles Design Team and today I am sharing my first DT project!  

Today's theme for the Design Team over at the Cardmaking and Crafting Challenge was 

Christmas/Winnie/Make a Card that Moves

Make sure to pop over to the Polkadoodles Blog to check out all of the challenge details and see what amazing creations the Design Team has for you. 

For my card that moves, I decided to keep it simple with a wobbler, and let Winnie be the star of the show!  

To start, I colored Christmas Candy - Winnie with my Copic markers and cut the image out.  I used several digital papers, a sentiment and embellishments from the Work & Play 5 - Festive Hollybobs. Collection.  

The colors that I used really gave me a vintage vibe, so to make my layers stand out and add a little vintage distressing, I inked up the edges using Distress Oxide Ink in Vintage Photo. 

To create my wobbler, I wound a piece of wire around a pencil about 6 times and used a 1/2" circle punch to create a base for the wobbler mechanism.  Once I had the mechanism together, I adhered the wobbly heart to my card front. 

Please make sure to come over and check out the challenge, maybe join in and play along with us!  There are some awesome prizes up for grabs! 

As always, thank you so much for popping by!  

2 comments: