Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Guest Designer - Make the Cards Challenge # 36

 Hi crafty friends!  Today, I am happy to share with you a card that I made as Guest Designer for Make the Cards Challenge # 36! 

 This week is a fun slinline sketch challenge.  I decided to go rogue and make a standard A2 card, rather than a slimline.  
I wanted to transition into fall colors, so I used blues and golds as the primary colors.  I stenciled the base of my card and added a layer of navy card stock.  I trimmed the two panels with navy grosgrain ribbon.  This made me think of a wall with wainscoting and a chair rail, and I am pleased with the effect.  
For my focal images, I stamped the images from The Greetery's Floral Delicacy stamp set repeatedly and then die-cut them using the coordinating dies.  I set about arranging them and when I was pleased with the layout, I adhered them to my card panel.
I heat embossed my sentiment on a navy banner and after adding a bit of metallic thread, I popped it up with some foam tape. 
All in all, I really enjoyed making this card and I am so happy with the results!  
Please make sure to pop on over to Make the Cards Challenge and play along with us!  
Xoxo, Kim

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Kim! I really like the use of blue as the main color with the flowers. Something about that with the yellow just makes it so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love your layered flowers with the touch of gold! So glad you joined us at Make the Cards Challenge!

    ReplyDelete