Friday, October 28, 2022

Spooktacular Greetings!

Happy Friday, friends!   Today, I am over on the Eyelet Outlet Blog sharing this fun card that I created.  If you caught our Crafty Fun w/Friends episode last weekend, you saw us create different versions of the Split Window Fold.  This was actually my prototype that I created to make sure that I didn't completely bomb it while we were live. 

I wanted to squeak in one more Halloween card before I ran out of time so I colored up this cute witch image from the Kindred Stamps Journey Home stamp set (colors below), cut her out and set her aside.   Even though the stamp set is really geared towards fans of those pesky, flying monkeys, I thought this image was perfect for Halloween! 

I started with a black card base and paired it with some fun patterned papers.  I determined where I wanted the aperture to be, and I taped the papers down to the card base, laid the die down and ran it through my die-cutting machine.  Before adhering the patterned papers to the card front, I laid down some Glitter Black Washi Tape to the edges to add a point of interest.  I love adding washi tape, because it is a super easy way to add trim and dimension.  

I added a panel of white cardstock to the inside panel of the card, and I die-cut some additional circles to fill in the aperture, followed by the witch.  Because the left side of the top panel is glued shut (think Book-Fold Card), it is OK for the image to overlap the left side.
I heat embossed my sentiment in black and I layered the panel on some orange glitter cardstock.  I added the Mini Candy Corn Brads and a Witch Hat Brad to add some additional dimension.   Lastly, I added a loopy bow made of sparkly, black bakers twine.
Colors Used:
Skin - G99, YG67, YG63, YG00, R20
Hair/Hat Band/Cape - V09, V06, V05
Hat/Dress - C9, C7, C5, C3, C1
Broom - E18, E15, E13, E29, E27, E25I had so much fun creating this card and I was amazed at how easy it really was!  
Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Xoxo, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment