Monday, May 17, 2021

Beautiful Details - AECP Level 2

Hello and Happy Sunday!  I hope you have had a wonderful weekend.  Our weather has been amazing, so I have spent as much time as possible outdoors.  I have to take advantage of it when I can! 

Today, I am sharing with you several cards that I made for my next AECP course - Beautiful Details.  While I really loved this class, it is all about stepping up your project and adding additional details,, I procrastinated something fierce when it came to doing my assignments.  This was a huge struggle for me.  It is by far the most technically challenging course so far, in my opinion, and I found myself doubting my ability. 

For my project submission, I focused on Lesson 1 - Artistic Flowers.  This lesson was so far outside my comfort zone that it is not even funny!  Marika challenged us to look at our stamps in a new way, and so that is what I did. 

I pulled out my Watercolor Wonders Stamp Set and decided to use one of the smaller leaf images to create some abstract flowers.  I stamped off my image on a piece of scrap paper and stamped it several times on my card panel to get varying shades for the petals.  

Once I was happy with the placement of my petals, I added some doodles with a black pen to add shading and detail.  This step was brutal for me, but I tried to take Marika's advice to not think and stay loose.  

To complete my card, stamped my sentiment, added a thin strip of gray card stock and adhered some Dew Drops.  I actually made two cards that are very similar, but I didn't stamp off one of the flowers, and I found that I prefer the softer petals.  

I did make a card following along with Lesson 4 - which focused on no-line coloring on vellum using markers and pencils.  I have not used pencils before so this was difficult, as I really had no idea what I was doing.  

I stamped and heat embossed my image on vellum.  I then added details using alcohol markers and pencils.  Once I was happy with my image, I die-cut it using the coordinating dies and set it aside.  I decided I wanted to keep the card front simple so that the vellum flower cluster stood out.  I cut a stitched rectangle out of the same card stock as my card base and popped it up with fun foam.  I cut a strip of gray cardstock and embossed my sentiment in white.  I adhered the sentiment strip to the vellum flowers so that I would be able to identify where I could hide my glue on the back of the vellum.  I also added a few tiny dots of glue behind the centers of the flowers and adhered my flowers to the card panel.  Lastly, I added some clear sequins to draw the focus in to the flowers. 

Overall, I am happy with my cards, and glad that I stretched myself to try some very new techniques.  I have a lot to learn about adding details, but I look forward to doing this more so that I can improve.  

Products Used:

  • Recollections 110# Card Stock

Card 1:

  • Altenew Watercolor Wonders Stamp Set
  • Altenew Beautiful Quotes Stamp Set
  • Altenew Crisp Dye Ink:  Pure Graphite, Grape Agate
  • Altenew Fine Liner Pen:  005
  • Honey Bee Stamps Dew Drops

Card 2:

  • Vellum
  • Stampin' Up Card Stock:  Basic Gray
  • Altenew Fairy Tale Florals Stamps and Dies
  • Altenew Sentiment Strips 2 Stamp Set
  • Stampin' Up Stitched So Sweetly Dies
  • Altenew Artist Markers:  WG01, WG03
  • Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers:  TB1, TB2, TB3, CT1, CT3, 
  • Prismacolor Pencils: PC906, PC1102, PC904, PC1068, PC1063, PC1065
  • Versamark Watermark Ink Pad 
  • Wow! Embossing Powder:  Clear
  • Fun Foam
  • Simon Says Stamp Clear Sequins

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you found something to inspire you!  Happy stamping! 


1 comment:

  1. These look absolutely wonderful, Kim! Looks like you had a lot of fun in this class! Thank you for sharing your beautiful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete