Monday, May 10, 2021

A2 Daffodil Friendship Card

 Hey everyone!  Well, it is the start of a new week!  I hope that you had a fantastic weekend!   I did something that I have never done before!  I made a card using a digital stamp.  What a fun process this was!  

I was recently introduced to Alex Syberia Design and have been following her on Instagram.  Her designs are absolutely incredible!  If you are not familiar with her work, please check it out!  

I printed this gorgeous Daffodils A2 Cover Panel on card stock that is made for using alcohol markers.  I colored the image in using my Altenew Artist Markers (colors listed below).  I found this to be a very enjoyable challenge, as the details were fine (and I am still learning to use my markers) but not impossible.  To be honest, when I started, it looked like a hot mess, but I kept on, and the result is so beautiful!  
When I was happy with the card panel I set it aside and went to work figuring out what I wanted to do with it.  I cut a panel of lightweight black cardstock to frame the image, and I trimmed the colored panel down to size.  I die-cut the top two layers of the Honey Bee Stamps Friend dies, the top layer in a bright yellow that matched the daffodils and the bottom in black.  When I put them together on the card panel, I hated it. I tried again with an orange card stock and again, it didn't work for me.  After several more tries, I decided to color a strip of white card stock using the darkest two yellows that I used for the daffodils and die-cut it.  I was so much happier with the result!   The softer blend of colors didn't take away from the image. 

I wrapped some Altenew Metallic Thread around the side of my panel and adhered it to the black panel.  I then added a loopy bow to it, and adhered my sentiment over the bow.  I attached my panel to a white card base and finished up with some clear sequins.  That was also a process, as I tried about 5 different colors of embellishments before I finally settled on the clear sequins.  

I am over the moon in love with this card, and I know the friend that it is intended for will love it too!  

Products Used:

  • Recollections 110# Card Stock:  White
  • Recollections 65# Card Stock :  Black
  • Spectrum Noir Premium Ultra Smooth Card Stock:  White
  • Alex Syberia Design Digital Stamp:  Daffodils A2 Cover Panel
  • Altenew Artist Markers:  G446, G425,  G515, G503, Y316, Y207, Y106, C004
  • Altenew Metallic Thread:  Enchanted Gold
  • Honey Bee Stamps Friend Die
  • Simon Says Stamp Clear Sequins
Thanks for stopping in!  Happy Stamping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment