Friday, April 30, 2021

AECP Family Instagram Hop - Our Favorite AECP Class

 Good morning, crafty friends!  Today, I am so honored to be participating in an Instagram Hop for the AECP Family.  We are celebrating all of the wonderful things we have learned during our AECP journey! 

For my card, I focused on the last class I took, which happens to be my favorite so far - With A Twist.  I decided to create a shaker card that shakes all the way through!  
Because I knew that I had to die-cut two exact panels  using multiple dies, I started by creating a template out of copy paper.  I laid down some lines with a ruler and pencil, and determined the placement of my letters. I then die-cut the word "hello" out of the copy paper using the Altenew Bold Alphabet Die Set. 

Using low-tack tape, I adhered my template to my top card panel. Placed the dies inside of the die-cuts and cut my word out of the panel.   I repeated this process with the top flap of my card base. 

I adhered a piece of acetate behind the top card panel using super sticky adhesive to be sure that the acetate stays put.  I also adhered a piece of polka dot paper from the Altenew Verdant Walk Paper Pack to the inside of my card base.  

I set the panel and card base aside and got to work stamping and die-cutting my floral images. I stamped a few flowers using the Altenew Springtime Azalea stamps and dies, and a whole lot of leaves, as I knew I wanted some pretty beefy clusters for the front of my card.   Once I had them all die-cut, I arranged them on my card panel, and once I was pleased with them, began adhering them.  I trimmed off any overhanging pieces, and then used them to fill in any place in the cluster that I felt needed more. 

I them went to work on the back side of my card.  Using foam tape, I created a barrier around the words and filled it in with sequins.  I laid another sheet of acetate over the top of the foam tape to seal the sequins in.  I filled in the rest of the panel with foam tape so that it would lay on the card panel evenly, added super sticky tape over the acetate, and lined the panel up on top of my card base. 

To finish my card, I glued in the center pieces of the "o" and the "e" that I had so carefully saved.  I adhered some Nuvo Drops, and added an embossed sentiment strip.  

Honestly, the photos don't do this card justice.  I looked at it and thought "I can't believe I just did that!"  It was a lot of work, but the end result was so worth it!

**Giveaway**
Make sure to head over to Instagram and find my post (@kim.kreates) that has the same photo that is at the top of this post!  Altenew has been incredibly generous and is providing (4) $25 gift certificates to the store.   While you are there, follow the links in the post and hop over to the other participant's pages and leave them some love! 
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Don't forget to hop along on IG!  You will be sure to find so much inspiration!  
Xoxo, Kim

1 comment:

  1. This cards is absolutely AMAZING, Kim. You have inspired me to try my hand at a shaker card now! I love the color scheme and the sequin colors and the black polka dot paper behind it ties it all together so wonderfully! So, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete