Sunday, October 23, 2022

Merry & Bright!

Happy Sunday, friends!  Yesterday, my friends LV Handcrafted, StamprGrl and I did another Live Crafty Fun w/Friends Session on YouTube and oh, the fun we had!  We were joined by many of our crafty friends, and we made some new friends too!  I just love this crafting community!  Charis, the owner of Artful Angel gave us permission to share the entire upcoming October Release with our participants, so they were able to see it up close before anyone else AND one lucky live participant won the ENTIRE release before it can be purchased.

The three of us, along with anyone that crafted along with us, created a Split Window Card.  This is a fun-fold technique that was made popular by Jennifer McGuire.  LV Handcrafted walked us through two different techniques for creating this fold!  

While we were live, I spent a short time finishing coloring Mrs. Clause (I had colored Santa, and most of Mrs. Clause ahead of time) with Copics (listed below) and set the images aside.   These beautiful images are part of the Santa & The Mrs. Stamp Set that will be released on October 25th.  (The hyperlink for the stamp set won't be live until release).

If you happen to watch the replay, you will see what my crafty process is often like - complete chaos!  I was a hot mess and couldn't figure out what I was doing.  One thing that I love best about our live session is the participation in the chat!  Our friends that are chatting live can give us suggestions and help us actually create.  This was my saving grace in this crafting session!  
I initially had intended to have Santa and Mrs. Clause snuggled up together, but I completely missed the mark when I did my die-cutting and scoring.  (Did I mention I was a HOT MESS? LOL)  So, with the help from my crafty friends, we came up with a new plan, and instead, Santa is presenting Mrs. Clause with her gift - jewels!   Who girl doesn't love a little bling from their main squeeze? 
I also heat embossed one of the sentiments that are included in the upcoming Big Christmas Stamp Set.    If you have not checked out the Artful Angel Big Sentiment stamp sets, you should!  They are full of a main sentiment in multiple fonts and numerous coordinating sentiments, so they are HUGELY versatile!  
This is how the card opens up!  I absolutely love the end result!  
Colors Used:
Skin - E04, E11, E21, E00, E000, R20
Hair - C8, C6, C4, C2, C1, C0
Clothes - R59, R29, R27, R25, 100, W9, W7, C1, C00
Gold Gelly Roll Pen
If you weren't able to join us for the live, don't sweat it!  You can catch the replay and if you create a card, share it with us in the Crafty Fun with Friends of LV Handcrafted Facebook Group!
I hope that you have been inspired to get crafty!  I can't tell you how much fun I had yesterday!   We will be celebrating the Artful Angel October Released with an Instagram Hop on October 25th, and one lucky hopper will win the entire release and the Design Team has created some incredible inspiration for you! 
Thanks so much for spending a few minutes with me!
Xoxo, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment