Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Guest Designer - Make the Cards Challenge #44

Good morning, friends!  There is a new challenge up over at Make the Cards Challenge and this week is all about WINTER! 

I was so excited for this challenge week, as I knew I wanted to create a blustery shaker card... Where I live, I saw my first few snowflakes this week.  Of course, nothing stuck around, as it is still slightly too warm, but soon! 

For my card, I used the Lawn Fawn Peppermint Stripes Backdrop Die and backed it with a sheet of acetate.  I also adhered a panel of Stampin' Up Feels Like Frost DSP (possibly retired) to the front of my card base.  I used foam adhesive strips to build up the back of my shaker window.  I used the strips, rather than my roll of foam tape because it is much thinner and didn't result in ragged ends from cutting the tape. 

I created my own shaker mix using an assortment of chunky glitter and slices that I purchased from my local Michael's and adhered my shaker window to my card base. 

I die-cut the fabulous Giant Let It Snow Die from Lawn Fawn twice and glued the pieces together.  I also die-cut an assortment of snowflakes using two sets of retired snowflake dies from Stampin' Up.  I painted some shimmer on all of my die-cut elements using my Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen and then adhered them to my card front. 

For a really quick and easy card to put together, it is absolutely stunning and represents all of the things I love about winter!  

Please make sure to join us over at Make the Cards Challenge and tag us in all of your social media posts using #mtcc, #mtcc44, and #makethecardschallenge!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I can't wait to see what you create! 

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Makes me want to grab a cup of cocoa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, yes! Whipped cream or no? Thanks, friend! ♥️♥️

      Delete