Tuesday, April 20, 2021

In the Mood for Color - AECP Level 2

Happy Tuesday, friends!  Today, I am sharing my project for the next AECP Level 2 Course - In the Mood for Color.  This was a fun class exploring how to use color to convey a mood or feeling.  I loved that it challenged me to stop and think about the message that I am trying to send, and what the colors I selected mean.  

Usually, I just randomly choose colors without any thought for what they represent, so the lessons that I learned enabled me to take a step back and be intentional with my color selection. 

For today's card, I chose the color green.  Green typically represents growth, and it is also a soothing color.  I know that many of us have been challenged to grow and to find new ways of doing things over the course of the last year, so I felt it was especially appropriate.  Additionally, I love the fact that it is a soothing color - something I think we can all use right now! 

I stamped multiple images from the Altenew Book Engravings stamp set on bleed proof cardstock in black ink.  I colored the images using my Altenew Artist Markers (colors listed under supplies used).  I decided that I would incorporate some aqua shades, as they are a form of green, and to me, they reflect the ocean, which again is very soothing.  Once my images were colored, I used the coordinating dies to die-cut them and set them aside. 

I embossed a panel of white cardstock using the new Altenew Enchanting Vines Embossing Folder.  I then used my Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen to paint some sparkle over the raised images.  Because much of the embossed panel is covered by the flowers, it is really very subtle, and doesn't show up well in the photos, but it is beautiful. 

Once my embossed panel was dry, I adhered it to my card base and I began arranging my flowers and leaves on the panel.  When I was happy with the arrangement, I used a few pieces of low-tack tape to hold them in place from the front. I used a trick that I learned from Lydia's classes, and I flipped the cluster over, and placed foam tape over the joined seams to ensure that everything would be held in place.  I added my floral piece to the card front.   I embossed a sentiment from the Sentiment Strips 2 stamp set in white onto a strip of black card stock.  I adhered it to the front of the card with foam tape.  Lastly, I added a handful of clear sequins to the card. 

I am so happy with my card.  I think that it conveys the exact message that I was striving for. 

Products Used:

  • Recollections 110# Card Stock:  White, Black
  • Spectrum Noir Premium Ultra Smooth Card Stock:  White
  • Altenew Enchanting Vines Embossing Folder
  • Altenew Book Engravings Stamps and Dies
  • Altenew Sentiment Strips 2 Stamp Set
  • Altenew Artist Markers:  B201, B204, B313, B227, G702, G714, G554
  • Versamark Watermark Ink Pad
  • Memento Ink: Tuxedo Black
  • Wow! Embossing Powder:  Opaque Bright White
  • Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen
  • Foam Tape
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Happy stamping!  

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely stunning!! Thank you for submitting your beautiful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete